- Geo board is one of the most favorable learning materials in a home or Montessori classroom environment.
- It can be taken as both a Practical Life and Sensorial activity, for building finger muscle strength and developing visual sense of the kid.
- There are 36 wooden pegs evenly spaced on the finished wooden board.
- These pegs are without heads and so add to the challenge.
- The set comes with about 30 colored rubber bands.
- The board size is only 7 x 7 in and is not heavy to carry so kids can enjoy playing with it both in and out of the home, and also on a trip in a car or plane.
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
Fine motor skills are developed and refined as kids are required to stretch rubber bands over the pins to create shapes and patterns. In addition to improving hand eye coordination and muscle control, it enhances kid’s ability to concentrate. It is a great sensorial activity which helps kids build finger muscles for writing movements, and basic geometric sense in Math. as they see and learn about the shapes formed by the rubber bands.
An amazing Montessori toy to introduce to your toddler, the Geo Board helps to improve hand-eye coordination and imagination, colour and shape recognition and recall. It is a wonderful tool to improve pincer grip and fine motor skills too. From learning letters and numbers, and creating art, to being able to explore basic geometric shapes, this tool not only helps develop muscle control and visual skill but also increases the child’s attention span and ability to concentrate.
It was invented and popularised by the Egyptian mathematician and pedagogist Caleb Gattegno, who is best known for his innovative approach to teaching and learning mathematics. Traditionally, the geoboard was used to teach shapes, angles, and number patterns – essentially a manipulative tool to teach elementary geometry in schools. Over time, the Wooden Geo Board has found its place in early childhood development.
The Wooden Geo Board allows free play and exploration by simply stretching the bands that later transform into shapes of their own design.
Ideal for kids over 3 years right up to 15 years, it is recommended that you demonstrate safe use of the bands to the child. The bands can be a choking hazard and can cause harm to the child or others if left unattended. Adult supervision is necessary for safe play.
The geoboard comes packed in an attractive handmade cotton bag, making it wonderful to gift and to store. The rubber bands are recyclable and colourful, making it a visual delight for kids.
– Hand eye coordination and fine motor be able to stretch rubber bands over the pins to make shapes and patterns.
– Sensory: visual and tactile Kids will see and learn about the shapes they formed with the rubber bands on the board.
– Concentration This activity offers kids a great opportunity to sit patiently and focus on a task before it is completed.
– Curiosity, exploration, creativity and imagination are stimulated when kids develop their own open end play with these gadgets.
• Suitable for ages 36 months +
• Packing: Paper Box
• Product Measurement: 7 x 7 x 1 in